Monday, January 25, 2016

I Love You

I am home sick as a dog today with a nasty chest cold and vertigo. As long as I don't move around too much I am okay. Working on Epley maneuvers (without puking) for the vertigo and trying not to move too much for both the coughing and the vertigo. The vertigo definitely seems to be better today than yesterday (thank God) but the coughing is still bad enough that my ribs and gut hurt just from the coughing. Hoping another day of rest will have me back up and running tomorrow. Anyway, I thought I would take advantage of not being able to move around too much to create a sweet card for my granddaughter Journey for Valentine's Day. She loves anything ballerina so I thought the adorable Before I Met You Tiny Dancer stamp set from Unity Stamp Company would be perfect for her card! I started my card with a white card base and layered on some red cardstock from Hobby Lobby. Then using some plain white typing paper I created a layered strip technique called Herrington. There are plenty of videos explaining this technique on YouTube so if you're not familiar with it already check it out. The strips of patterned paper are from the My Minds Eye Filled With Love 6x6 paper pad. I cut them into 1/2" strips and layered them onto the typing paper using the suggested layout. I then mounted that panel onto the red cardstock and then onto the card itself. I stamped the image from the Unity stamp set onto some 110 lb cardstock from Staples using some Memento tuxedo black ink and colored her in using Copic markers. I die cut the image using a decorative pierced edge frame from Gina Marie Designs. I added some tiny hearts from the Lawn Fawn You Float My Boat stamp set using Gina K inks in red hot and innocent pink and then added some clear Wink of Stella glitter pen to the images. I die cut a small panel using more of the red card stock and die cut the I Love You sentiment from some white card stock using a die set from Simon Says Stamp. Love how adorably this turned out!

2 comments: