Saturday, January 23, 2016

Wishing You



Today's card was created for two different challenges...CAS(E) This Sketch and Curtain Call. I loved the layout on the CAS(E) challenge and adore the inspiration photo on the Curtain Call challenge. I decided to combine both and create one card. I started with a gorgeous stamp from Unity Stamp Company called Wishing You Joy. I love paper piecing with this fun stamp set and thought it would be fun to try in various shades of pink. I started with some pretty patterned papers from the Crate Paper Little Bo Beep 6x6 paper pad. I stamped and fussy cut the flowers in different shades of pink from the paper pad. Once those were all cut out I layered one of the patterned papers onto my white card base and then die cut a white panel using a stitched rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig tool I selectively stamped the flowers several times in varying heights and then glued on my fussy cut papers and did a little shading on them with some Copic markers. I heat embossed the sentiment from Verve Stamps Wishing You stamp set using Versamark ink and Recollections snow white detail embossing powder. I glued the sentiment panel to the focal piece and then mounted it up off of the card using some 3M foam tape for some nice dimension. I just love the way this turned and think it would be fun to make a set of these in different colors with different sentiments. I hope you like it too!


4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Celeste! I love your paper-pieced blooms! Wonderful take on the inspirational photo and on the sketch!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the pretty paper pieced flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with the Curtain Call!

Sand Lee said...

Love the paper piecing! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for visiting my blog! xx

I Card Everyone said...

I'm torn between the fussy cutting and the paper piecing as my favorite element ... put together? They make a stunning card! Thanks so much for playing cards with us this week at CTS!
=]