Saturday, January 23, 2016

You Float My Boat

This adorable Valentine's Day card was created for the latest Just Us Girls challenge. I love the colors in the inspiration photo and knew with the nautical theme that I had to crack out my Lawn Fawn Float My Boat stamp set. I wanted to do something fun and whimsical with this set, which is really what Lawn Fawn stamps embody. I started with some fun patterned papers from Pebbles Americana 6x6 paper pad. I really scored a nice find on this at Tuesday Morning...only $2.99 a pack so I picked up several. If you have a Tuesday Morning in your area you definitely need to go check them out and see what fun crafting goodies you can find. Anyway, back to the card. I started with a fun and graphic piece of the patterned paper with nice bright pops of color. I cut a zig zag out of some navy blue paper using a die from My Favorite Things. Using some white cardstock from Staples I stamped the wave from the stamp set using two different blue inks from Gina K designs...navy and ocean mist. I then scattered a random stamping of the heart around using the navy ink. I matted that focal piece onto a piece of navy cardstock from Hobby Lobby and popped it up off of the card base using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I stamped the boat image three times and fussy cut it out and then cut the sails from the patterned papers, adhered them onto the images, and then popped them up using dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set using navy ink and cut a fishtail banner and adhered it to the card with foam dimensionals.  I think it turned out pretty cute and I hope you like it too!



9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun inspired card! Love the boats -- Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute nautical card, love that sentiment. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

~amy~ said...

super fun, I love the nautical theme!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Well this is just fun! Love your interpretation of the photo. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Becca Cruger said...

I LOVE the mix and match of the patterns you used here! It looks so folksy and adorable!! Super cute!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word now that is just too stinkin' CUTE!! :) Love the hearts and wavy background with your boats!! Thanks for sharing!! HUGS

Ina G said...

Great layout with so many lovely thing to look at. So colourful. Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week.

Lisa Elton said...

Such a SWEET nautical card!!

Nancy said...

Adorable is right! Super cute Valentine! Love those boats! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls and hope to see you again soon!