Sunday, October 16, 2016

Gratitude

My second card today was created for the latest The Paper Players challenge. I created my card by starting with a clean, white card base. I then cut down a panel a 1/4" smaller and inked the center using a Tim Holtz ink blending tool and some Memento peanut brittle ink. On a separate piece of cardstock I stamped the sentiment and the leaves and acorns from the Stampin' UP Day Of Gratitude stamp set using Memento inks in rich cocoa, pear tart, and peanut brittle. I die cut the sentiment using a pierced edge oval die from My Favorite Things and then stamped some additional leaves using the same stamp set around the outer edge using more of the peanut brittle ink. I added a few dark cocoa dots around the images for some additional interest. I popped the die cut oval up off of the card using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and adhered the leaves directly onto the card using some snail adhesive. I popped the two acorns up off of the card using more Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and called this card done! I hope you like it!


5 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

This is pretty and I really like those leaves and acorn.

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful colors, beautiful leaves,, beautiful sentiment...BEAUTIFUL card!!

~amy~ said...

Celeste, this is gorgeous!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh wow this is beautiful, Celeste! I love those gorgeous leaves and the cololr combo is so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Colleen Begley said...

This really is a beautiful Fall card, Celeste. I really like the sentiment oval and how you've stamped the flower images around the greeting. It really looks great. Thanks for sharing with the Paper Players this week.