Sunday, October 16, 2016

Merry & Bright


Okay, this is my final card for the day. I've been on something of a tear. I honestly had every intention of getting outside to do some yard work but I went and had a big lunch with my bestie and her daughter who was home from college and my full belly pretty much shot my desire to get out in the yard and pull weeds and dig up old flowers. So, I sat inside and made pretty things instead! This card was created for the latest Unity Show & Tell Facebook challenge. I love this pretty sketch and wanted to use a new stamp set that I'd picked up on the last Unity Stamp Company sale. I started by layering some pretty patterned papers from the Heidi Swapp Noel 6x6 paper pad onto my white card base. I then stamped the beautiful Angie girl from the Joy Girl stamp set onto some Copic friendly white carstock. I stamped the image several times onto various pieces of the same patterned paper so I could fussy cut the images out and paper piece the sweater, ornament, and hat onto the image. I colored and shaded all of the images, glued them all together, and then die cut the entire panel using a pretty stitched edge rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. I added some two glue to a few of the details on the image and sprinkled some micro glitter in both sparkling clear and black. I just love how sparkly and pretty it turned out. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto white cardstock and cut it down by hand to create a small fishtail banner. I popped it and the focal panel up off of the card using some foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives. I hope you like it!


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card Celeste!! I like the sparkle you added to her outfit and the herringbone paper. Awesome job on her hair too!!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful! I love the pattern in the background!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, pretty! I love that you colored on pattern paper -- I never would've thought to do that, your touches of bling, and that yummy background paper. What a joyous card. :)