Saturday, November 26, 2016

Wishing You A Warm & Cozy Day


I usually create all of my Christmas cards in the summer months so they are ready come holiday season but I fell short on that amount this year and needed to create a few more. I recently picked up the My Favorite Things Cozy Mittens stamp and die set from a fellow crafter on a destash sale and had yet to break it out and get it inky. I started with a pre-cut and scored kraft cardbase from American Crafts. I cut down a white cardstock panel and inked the edges using Tim Holtz distress ink in tea dye and added some faux brown stitches around the outer edge using the thin tip of my Zig writer pen in chocolate brown. I die cut the mittens using the same white cardstock and inked them up using the detail stamps from the set and inks in chocolate brown, sky blue, and baby pink and then inked around the edges for a nice vintage look. I die cut the buttons using a MFT button die and threaded some ivory twine from We R Memory Keepers through and tied a bow. I adhered each of the buttons down to the mittens using glue dots. I stamped the sentiment onto some white cardstock and used a few of the detail elements to add a nice border at the top and bottom and then using a tag die from Paper Smooches I created a fish tail banner out of it. I popped it and the mittens up off of the card using some 3M foam tape and then glued some twine down directly onto the card using some Stampin' UP liquid glue. A few chocolate chip sequins from Pretty Pink Posh complete this card. I hope you like it!


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

this is so fun, love those sweet mittens!

Lisa Elton said...

Your mittens look warm and cozy!! Sweet card Celeste!!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Lisa...I appreciate that!

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Celeste! Sorry I've been out of the loop the last few days. Thanks so much for your kind Thanksgiving greeting. Hope you had a lovely holiday, as well. Gotta tell you I just love this adorable card... and am quite envious of your destash find. Too cute!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet card, Celeste!