Sunday, January 15, 2017

Coffee & Friends

Today's card was created for the latest Just Us Girls challenge. I have to admit, I never think to use my smaller stamps to create all over stamped backgrounds but I really had fun with this one! I picked up the awesome Altenew Coffee Love stamp set during a recent Blitsy sale and thought it would be the perfect set for this technique. I started with a white card base and layered on some Stampin' UP early espresso cardstock. I then stamped some of the images from the stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock using Memento tuxedo black ink and colored them in using my alcohol markers. To fill in some of the blank spots I stamped the coffee beans from the stamp set using Gina K. charcoal brown ink. I mounted that panel directly onto the card. Using the same brown cardstock as the base I prepped it with my EK Success powder tool and then stamped the sentiment using Versamark ink. I heat set it using some Recollections white embossing powder and my heat tool. I trimmed the sentiment down to a proportional size and mounted it onto my card using some 3M foam tape for some added dimension. I plan on sending this card out to my January partner for the Coffee Lover's Card Swap. I hope you like it!

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love this Celeste!!!!!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Amy!

Bobby said...

Those images are great for a background, Celeste, especially the beans as fill-in. It' will be perfect for a coffee lover. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Lisa Elton said...

What a great design, this is awesome!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What an awesome background and your coloring is amazing! Love the little coffee beans filling up the open spaces. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Debra Davison said...

Absolutely love this card ... I have this set and you have inspired me to ink it up !!

Celeste Goff said...

I can't wait to see what you create with it Debra!