Sunday, March 5, 2017

Welcome Home Hero



My second card was created for the latest Cards In Envy and The Paper Players challenges. I created this card by layering some pretty patriotic patterned papers from the American Crafts Americana 6x6 paper pad onto my white card base. I then die cut a scalloped circle and a smaller circle out of some more of the patterned paper to ground my focal image. I stamped the sentiment from the Paper Smooches Circle Of Honor stamp set onto some white card stock and die cut it using an MFT circle die. I die cut another larger circle out of more of the coordinating patterned paper and mounted it under the focal panel. I added black dashed lines around both panels. I then stamped the VW Beetle from Unity Stamp Company's Love Bug stamp set onto some white cardstock and fussy cut the image, edging it with a Memento dual tip marker. I then stamped the image again onto more of the patterned paper from the paper pad and fussy cut it out, edging it as well. I adhered it to the white cardstock to make it stable enough to popped up using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I then fussy cut a small license plate from the patterned paper tag and adhered it to the Beetle using foam dimensionals for a final touch. I hope you like my card and thank you for visiting my blog! 


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the red, white and blue and that CUTE gingham VW bug!! Adorable card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a well-balanced mix of patterned papers - your gingham VW beetle is super cute! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire Broadwater said...

Celeste, I love your card! That gingham VW makes me smile! I am always a sucker for a patriotic card! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Crystal Komara said...

Ooh, Celeste, I'm a total gingham girl, so this card makes me smile, but even more so when I see that's it's a welcome home hero card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week! Crystal, DT

stampwithsandy said...

Celeste I love this! That beetle is so cool and what an awesome sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Great paper piecing! Love the license plate!

Sybrina K said...

What a clever card! Love the pairing of the beetle and the sentiment... and the patriotic color combo. :)