Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Blah Blah Blah-Send A Smile 4 Kids

It's been a while since I created a card for the Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge so I decided to jump in and participate. It's been a while since I sent a box of cards to my crafty friend Sybrina and thought it was time to remedy that. I kept this card pretty simple. The challenge is to create something bright and colorful and it doesn't get any brighter or more colorful than neon colors. I took a panel of plain white cardstock and swiped the Hero Arts neon inks in blue, green, pink, and orange directly across the paper in big swiping motions. I went over them several times to get good coverage and saturation of ink. Once the colors dried I stamped the sentiment from the new Honey Bee Blah Blah Blah stamp set. I usually focus my cards that I donate to this cause to younger children but I thought it would be fun to create a teen card. Anyone who has ever had a teenager knows how snarky and sarcastic they can be so when I saw this stamp set I knew it would be perfect for a fun and snarky sentiment. I added some black dashed lines around the outer edge of the card using my Memento dual tip black marker for some visual interest and then popped the whole panel up off of the card front using some 3M foam tape. I hope you like it!


3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love those swipes of color!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is indeed one bright and cheery card... just perfect for our bright colors challenge over at SAS4Kids. So happy to hear you're working on a box of cards to send... and very appreciative of your sweet shout outs these past few weeks. :)

Becca Cruger said...

Whew! I'm shading my eyes from all of this hotness! Love the sketchy feel of those swaths of neon goodness!