Saturday, July 22, 2017

Ho Ho Ho

Today's card was created for the latest Jingle Belles card challenge. The challenge is to create something with Santa Claus on it. I created my card by layering some fun, festive patterned papers from the Doodle Bug Home For The Holidays 6x6 paper pad onto my white card base. I added a small strip of green cardstock from the American Crafts Christmas cardstock 6x6 paper pad to the edge just to break up the patterned paper. I stamped the adorable little Santa onto some Copic friendly cardstock and colored him using my alcohol markers. I die cut him out using an x-edge die by Gina Marie Designs. I die cut another of the same panels using the green cardstock. I layered them together and stamped the greeting from the Simon Says Stamp Gnome For The Holidays at the bottom. I popped the focal panel up off of the card using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in rhubarb crumble for some fun interest. I finished the card by adding a fun dotted border that I die cut using more of the green cardstock and a fun little Papertrey Ink die. I hope you like it!

6 comments:

Sybrina K said...

So So So Cute! What a fun little Santa. You've inspired me to go on a Santa hunt of my own. :)

Celeste Goff said...

Yay! I can't to see what you create my crafty ftiend!

Lisa Elton said...

This is too cute! I like the strip of stripes you added!

SmilynStef said...

What a fun little sentiment for your cute little Santa ... so glad you helped us celebrate Jolly Ol' St. Nick at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

so awesome, i love DB, that is one of my favorite paper pads and your santa is PERFECT with the papers! so pleased you could help us celebrate the big guy at JINGLE BELLES!

Nancy Thomas said...

A super fun and festive card! DB is my favorite paper and I loved how you combined it with that sweet Santa.