Thursday, February 8, 2018

Valentine Zombies

I am a huge The Walking Dead fan and love all things zombies. So, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to create a love themed card using a zombie them. I know...I have a sick sense of humor! To create my fun love-themed card I started by layering on some pretty ombre chevron striped patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye's Filled With Love 6x6 patterned paper pad onto my white card base. I die cut a heart using paper from the same paper pad and the largest die from the Essentials By Ellen Folk Heart die set and layered it directly onto my card. I then stamped the zombies from the SugarPea Designs Undying Love stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock. I colored them using my Copic markers in colors to coordinate with the patterned paper. I fussy cut the images out, edged them using my Memento tuxedo black dual tip marker and popped them up off of the card using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. To finish my card I stamped the sentiment from the Technique Tuesday You Aren't Normal sentiment stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink and added some black dashed lines around the outer edges of the card and the heart. I absolutely love this card!!! I will be entering this card into the latest Paper Players 
 and AAA Cards card challenges. Thanks for visiting my blog today!



8 comments:

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Celeste, what a great unusual Valentine's Day card! I am The walking Dead fan too, although I think I didn't finished watching them ;) Love this sentiment for V day card. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

Lisa Elton said...

Not even 'till death do us part' could keep these two apart! Cute card Celeste!

Claire Broadwater said...

Celeste, what a great card! Love that newsprint and chevron background! The zombies are colored perfectly and that sentiment is fantastic! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Jan Clothier said...

Oh my word! Gorgeous! I didn't know you even get zombie stamps but I know people who would love to have them - and this card! Great colouring on the zombies and the sentiment makes me smile. This is really wonderful!

Jane said...

Wonderful to see this more unsual twist to the love theme, great characters. Thanks for joining in with the current challenge at AAA Cards.

Leslie Miller said...

Count me as one of those The Walking Dead fans. Drove my husband crazy when I was binge watching it on Amazon. What a cute Valentine with this raggedy couple! This would be too funny for my hubby. Love the sentiment with it, and your coloring is out of this world!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is just too much fun! I love your coloring on here and the whole layout rocks!!!

ÅsaJ said...

Cool card! And great coloring! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa